Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Wardrobe Basics

Let me start by saying that, Fashion Guru, I am not.  I do like to learn about fashion and read fashion magazines but in no way am I saying that I am a Stacy London.

Anywhoo, I thought I would share some of my findings in wardrobe basics.  Now wardrobe basics is clothing that everyone needs in their closet so they can easily build an outfit for any occasion. Now a basic wardrobe may be different to different people.  Here is what I classify as a basic wardrobe for myself.

LBD (Little Black Dress)
Pair of black pants
Pair of dark wash denim
Black jacket
White Tee
Black Tee
White long sleeve shirt (not tee)
Black skirt
Trench coat
opaque tights
lightweight sweater
black flats
black heels
scarves
accessories

Now with these items you can create several different looks.

Casual



Work

I am having a hard time finding pictures so I will just say that you can mix and match all of these things and change up accessories to create many many different outfits.  So, you get the idea.

Let me turn you onto this wonderful little secret.  At least it is my little secret, you all may already know about her.  Her name is Missus Smartypants.  You know her? Her website is full of great information and even some before and after stories.  You can even subscribe to e-mails where she shows you what kind of clothes work for your body type.  It is a great resource and I encourage you to check it out.




No comments: